Friday, February 15, 2013

The Magic of Pregnancy

Here is my view as I write this post!
 

 
I absolutely LOVE being pregnant!  Yes there are some things that aren't so glamorous.  Morning sickness, nausea, fatigue, ligament pains, stretch marks, and so on.  I knew all of that and more was possible when we decided to have another baby.  And I welcome it all!  It is true that they say the distinct memory of it all goes away when you hold that sweet baby in your arms.  I remember the first time I saw Addison and held her in my arms like it was yesterday!  I can't wait to experience that with Boston!
 
Pregnancy is truly magical!  As a mother you feel that instant bond the moment that little stick says "positive" and you realize that  you are growing a tiny human!  It's just incredible that by the time you even know you are pregant your baby's heart is beating and the brain and spinal cord are already starting to develop!  How awesome is that! 

As the mommy you get the priviledge of experiencing all of the magic of pregnancy first hand.  Embrace the fatigue cause that means that your body is working hard to nourish your precious baby.  The ligament pains aren't fun but that means that your baby is growing so your body is making room.  As much as we try to prevent stretch marks they are a beautiful reminder that you carried your sweet baby.  You get the joy of feeling him move around!  Before he has even taken his first breath you know his routines.  When he is most playful or when he is sleeping.  How awesome that we can know our babies before they are even born!

Of course it is wonderful to share the special moments with daddy!  The joy on his face when he feels his child move for the first time.  I will remember Kyle's excitement at feeling both Addison and Boston move forever!  The first time you both see your baby on the ultrasound is one of the extra special magical moments!

There are so many moments that I could name but these are the few that I think about daily!  I am asked almost every day how I am feeling and when I tell people that I feel great they look at me with shock.  Yes I am starting to get a bit uncomfortable at times but the magical moments over take the uncomfortable ones by far!  I am going to treasure these magic moments for the next 8+ weeks because I know that I will miss my belly and the gift of carrying my sweet boy!

1 comment:

NotablyNeurotic said...

This post made me smile SO BIG! You have such a sweet spirit, Amanda, and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that you are even cherishing the downsides and not-so-cute moments of pregnancy. :)