Monday, December 15, 2008

The Lights Before Christmas at the Toledo Zoo

I have always wanted to go to the zoo at Christmas time! My amazing husband took me to the Toledo Zoo for our date night this past weekend!
It was a cold night but lots of fun! We enjoyed experiencing it all together!
There were not a lot of animals out but the ones that were out were the most active I have ever seen them. There were four wolves and they walked all around their habitat.All of the trees were decorated and I thought this purple tree was really pretty!
We loved seeing the bald eagles! They were all fluffy and ready for winter!The lights were incredible! There were millions of lights lit up all over the place. Some of them were even set to music!
The tiger was definitely a highlight of our night! When you go to the zoo during the summer he is normally just laying around because it is so hot but not this night. He came right up to the front and just watched the people! It was incredible to see him up close!
More of the pretty lights!
This ice sculpture was pretty cool! A little elf stacking presents!
This tree was decorated with 27,000 lights! (More than the tree in Rockefeller Center) And I thought my tree had a lots of lights on it!!! It was beautiful!
We are so excited to celebrate our first Christmas together as Mr. & Mrs. Mock!
We wish all of you a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: